All my contacts disappeared on my LG G3 and it brought back old ones that I had deleted, how do I fix this?
mirandajo

All my contacts on my LG G3 disappeared and it brought back a couple old ones I deleted that I don't want. How do I get all my other contacts back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All my contacts disappeared on my LG G3 and it brought back old ones that I had deleted, how do I fix this?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

First thing go into Verizon Cloud and check the trash can.  Restore any of the contacts in there then go through your contact list to clean it up.  Sync that list with your phone.

Now change all of the contacts to Google Contacts (you can use an app called Contact Optimizer to do it real fast). Then make sure Google is set up in your sync accounts area. Delete all contacts from Verizon Cloud, empty the trash can and disable Verizon Cloud as an app.  Let google backup and sync all of your contacts for a more reliable experience.

0 Likes
Re: All my contacts disappeared on my LG G3 and it brought back old ones that I had deleted, how do I fix this?
mirandajo

Okay I went into cloud, everything was in the trash so I restored and cleaned it up and tried to sync that list with my phone but my phone is giving me an error message that sync failed?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Interesting but one of the issues with Verizon Cloud.  Im not sure (I will look) if you can export the contacts out of Cloud to a CSV file. If you can then it is real easy to export them from Cloud and Import them to Google.  The error message may need to be resolved by one of the Verizon Tech People though

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can usually go to contacts on the phone, menu to select which contacts to display and most cases you can menu-export/import.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Most of these are NOT on the phone yet. Verizon Cloud moved them all to trash and when the OP restored them and tried to sync they got an error message and nothing synced.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I should have clarified, "After contacts are restored from trash then you can......"

0 Likes