Android 10 issues with Bluetooth
jpdevlaminck
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the Android 10 update onmon Moto Z4 Bluetooth isn't working correctly. While streaming the music pauses and plays sporadically. This is with the Amazon music, Google play music, and Sirius XM . Happens with any device Bluetooth is connected to. I've cleared out my cache, restarted my phone. This problem occured right after updating to Android 10 and restarting the phone.

Re: Android 10 issues with Bluetooth
cruzu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem with my moto z4 since the upgrade.

The apps I use for Bluetooth streaming are Audible and MediaMonkey.  Both are seriously unusable at this point.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jpdevlaminck, we always want to make sure that you're able to use all of your device features, and we're sorry to learn you're having trouble with Bluetooth since updating your device software. Please tell us, have you tried resetting your device's network settings? http://spr.ly/6609GGafW To confirm, are your device's music streaming apps also up to date?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

jpdevlaminck, we always want to make sure that you're able to use all of your device features, and we're sorry to learn you're having trouble with Bluetooth since updating your device software. Please tell us, have you tried resetting your device's network settings? http://spr.ly/6609GGafW To confirm, are your device's music streaming apps also up to date?

LauraF_VZW

@lauraf_vzw  There are several other current threads regarding the recent moto z4 update causing Bluetooth audio issues, specifically with WiFi on.  There also is a report that Verizon Support is aware of the issue and working with the manufacturer.

See: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Moto-Z-Droid/Most-recent-system-update-June-2nd-or-3rd-2020...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jpdevlaminck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reset the network settings, cleared cache and reconnected Bluetooth devices. All apps are up to date. I mostly use data but the problem occurs on wifi too. Everything was working fine until Android 10 was installed. Clearly there is a bug in the 10 software. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details. Let's keep working on this. Have you tested to see if the issue arises in Safe Mode? if not, can you please place your device in Safe Mode to test: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-226075/ 

Do not worry, none of your content is deleted with this step. Your 3rd party apps will not be available while in this mode, but you can use your browser to test the streaming.

0 Likes
jpdevlaminck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to stream play music in safe mode. I'm in assuming that there's an app not compatible with Android 10. I went through and deleted most of the apps on phone after turning off safe mode, and restarted the phone. Playing Amazon Music still has issues with streaming to Bluetooth

0 Likes
jpdevlaminck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've deleted absolutely every app my phone will allow me to. I now only have what the phone won't be allowe to remove. I tried to stream to Bluetooth with Google play music and it still randomly pauses then plays. 

0 Likes
cruzu
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my moto Z, if I turn off (Location) WiFi and Bluetooth scanning, I can use bluetooth audio while connected to my home WiFi; however, when I get in my car and start driving, it starts breaking up as soon as I get out of range of my home wifi.  I shut off the wifi, and things are ok.  So now I need to remember to always shut the wifi off when I leave the house, and of course remember to turn it back on when I get home.  Not ideal, but better than where I started.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the troubleshooting efforts. It definitely sounds like your device is experiencing a software issue. Most of the time there will be an app that causes these type of problems, is there an anti virus or app managing application that you have in your device? I've used a few of these apps and some cause problems/conflicts with other apps/features.

0 Likes