Android 2.1 Upgrade is a Downgrade
rmanderso2002

The Andorid 2.1 upgrade to my Verizon HTC Droid phone has rendered it barely usable.  The worst problem is that after a full charge, my phone now will hold a charge only about 4 hours.  If I use the phone at all, it's 2 hours.  Before the upgrade, I could use it heavily for 6-8 hours before charging it.  Because of the mobile nature of my work, this phenomenon makes my phone close to unusable--and I depend on my phone to get my job done.

To attempt to address this problem, I've re-installed the Advanced Killer App and set it to do what it was doing before the upgrade.  But that didn't help.

I called Verizon support, and all they could tell me to do is turn off GPS satellite usage for maps.  That didn't help.

There was another problem with the upgrade.  When I was asked to allow the upgrade to occur, I was not warned that all of my settings would be destroyed.  If I had been told that, I would not have allowed the upgrade.  It took me easily 3 hours to put my phone back in the order it was in before the upgrade.  I did all of that work, and now it operates worse.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 2.1 Upgrade is a Downgrade
Pencil

Try the startup cleaner in market and turn off some of the stuff you dont use helped me a bunch.

0 Likes