Android 4 -HOT and freezes
dr9999

Miss my Blackberry ...my Motorola Droid 4 runs HOT, runs SLOW & freezes up all the time.  Wish that Verizon had a way out of a contract when you don't like the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 4 -HOT and freezes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replace the phone with a warranty replacement if under a year of ownership? Buy another phone? Activate an older phone? Port your number to another carrier and pay the Early Termination Fees (ETF)? There are options besides suffering with a phone that doesn't work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replace the phone with a warranty replacement if under a year of ownership? Buy another phone? Activate an older phone? Port your number to another carrier and pay the Early Termination Fees (ETF)? There are options besides suffering with a phone that doesn't work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Running hot, and running slow ... is there an app that's causing it to do this?   Try a system cache clear (works wonders to tie up loose ends and get things back on track)

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

I use this once a week or so on my Droid 4, more often if it gets "laggy".  You can also check to see which apps are using the battery, and if there is one running a lot, that may be why the phone gets hot.

0 Likes
smaruska
Enthusiast - Level 3

The D4 only has 1 gig of ram and if you have a ton of apps loaded, this is your problem especially on an older phone.  You've also got the issue with all the Verizon bloat and Motorola Blur overlay bloat.  Running hot means you have a ton of applications running in the background.  Install the app "advanced task killer" and set it to aggressive.  Also use it to see which apps keep on restarting on their own.  Uninstall them unless you absolutely can't live without them.  I ALWAYS recommend uninstalling facebook and twitter.  Facebook's android app is not only a terrible buggy app, it uses a TON of system resources.  You can use the mobile facebook site instead which looks 99% like the app and has none of the drawbacks.  Set a shortcut to the mobile website on your homescreen so its just like starting an app.  Same deal with twitter or any other app where you have a good mobile site like tumblr/flickr etc... Another thing you should always do is use a good app cache cleaner app to automatically clean out all your app caches often.  

>>Comments removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service    Discussions concerning rooting, jailbreaking, or modding are not permitted in this forum<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes