Android 5.0 update issue
ADSOCMVHF

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900V and after I did the new 5.0 update it is always telling me that it's slow charging and I need to connect the factory charger to my phone. I'm using the usb 3.0 charger that came with the phone. Any ideas or help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 5.0 update issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is definitely strange, ADSOCMVHF. Let's do all we can to get your phone working normally! Regarding the charging, does your phone charge at its normal rate, even though it says slow charging?

Please try wiping your phone's cache partition by using these steps:

http://vz.to/1iLn2qI --When you reach Step 3, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone and review to see if the issues clear up with Gmail and charging.

Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ADSOCMVHF

Also my Gmail notifications and calendar notifications no longer work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That is definitely strange, ADSOCMVHF. Let's do all we can to get your phone working normally! Regarding the charging, does your phone charge at its normal rate, even though it says slow charging?

Please try wiping your phone's cache partition by using these steps:

http://vz.to/1iLn2qI --When you reach Step 3, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone and review to see if the issues clear up with Gmail and charging.

Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ADSOCMVHF

Ok that has been done. I let my phone do the new 5.0 update first and the charging problem came back. In addition to the charging issue the phone now when receive a phone call the speaker will come on and when connected to a blue tooth device, I have to turn the bluetooth headset off and back on for it to come off speaker and go to bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate you taking the time to provide this information! Do these issues all occur while the device is in Safe Mode as well? Please test here: http://vz.to/13rN5NK

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
ADSOCMVHF

Yes they do. I have done a full restor then only did the 5.0 upgrade and still Have the same issue.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
ReeRee99

So did 5.0 lollipop come back when you restored or the previous OS?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Once an OS update is installed, it cannot be reverted, so each time you reset or restore the device, the newest OS version will be there.

0 Likes
ADSOCMVHF

Ok well its still doing the same thing.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes