Android DT automated app installer now spotted on Verizon phones, is your phone clean? ?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Android DT automated app installer now spotted on Verizon phones, is your phone clean? ?
bearone21
Legend

nope, how about yours??

just what galaxy product are you using or is your username misleading?

0 Likes
Re: Android  DT automated  app installer now spotted on Verizon phones, is your phone clean? ?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Username spot on and I was loaded  Smiley Sad   you know the deal. Uninstalled all of the standard "you can't do without apps", now free and clear.  and  Smiley Happy. Thank you for reply.

0 Likes
Re: Android DT automated app installer now spotted on Verizon phones, is your phone clean? ?
rahgor
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you read about it, it is quite scary.

It allows the carrier to get into your phone and install software such as promotions, ads, banners, etc.

The software can bypass the installer and install it self without your knowledge or consent.

It can also install bloatware which uses the metered data you use at your expense.

Right now it has been on the note 4 and the Lg g3 (from what I read).

It is real and currently in all the news.  The crazy thing about the software is that it is granted access to all information on your phone and can install anything it wants w/o your knowledge or consent...actually you can't even say no or uninstall it.  Currently the only phones that seem to be immune are the nexus phones and of course any windows/apple products.

0 Likes
Re: Android  DT automated  app installer now spotted on Verizon phones, is your phone clean? ?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It's very real and as you say somewhat scary too. I suppose there are many way to look at this, but I do feel when we buy a phone it should be clear of this junk. I have never been happy with carriers pre loading any phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Take the tin foil hats off. Anything installed by the payload can be uninstalled.  It only happens at setup process and won't happen again until a factory reset and going through the setup process again.

This setup if WHAT people ASKED for over it being stuck on your device and voiding your warranty to remove the apps.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Yes it's a bit odd but most phone buyers want those phones fully loaded with almost every app in the store. At this rate we may need 5 Ghz processors and a top heavy RAM load. thanks Tidbits

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google is playing happy median in order for something to get "powered by android" and Google services. They have to use the payload system implanted in Lollipop. By doing this it gives us what we've been asking for. I have already seen it on my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6(I returned this one). I praise Google for doing this.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I missed something, how did you get one??? And why the return. People are giving their arm for that phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I purchased it through the Motorola.  I returned it after a few days of using it.  That phone was bigger than I expected.  Made my arm tired after a while.  I gave in and returned it.  I went back to my M8, and N5 combo.