Android Fustration
dominicanchica

HI

I have a issue i'm trying to update the firmware but for some reason i can't do it, is there any way i can or do i have to wait all year to upgrade. please help it is very annoying?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Android Fustration
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Which device do you have and what is the firmware version currently on it?

0 Likes
Re: Android Fustration
dominicanchica

hi

the firmware i have is kernel version. do you know how can i upgrade it?

Thank you

dominicanchica

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You can check for updates in the settings menu but, without knowing which phone you have or the firmware number, it's hard to say if your phone is up to date or not.

0 Likes
dominicanchica

hi

my phone is a galaxy stratosphere 2 the firmware version 2.3.6. how can i update it ...

thanks

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Open up your "applications" and click on "settings" then select "about phone" the select "software update"

Verizion launched version 4.1.2 for this phone last July so it should show up as a downloadable firmware upgrade.

0 Likes
dominicanchica

Hi Klue

my phone claims is up to date i can't get around it, if you know how please tell me.

thanks

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Was your phone connected to WiFi when you checked for updates?

I am not sure how long over the air (OTA) updates are available to download after release. I know you can update your phone using Samsung Keis, but I cannot tell you how to go about doing that, but a Google search would provide you the steps involved, or someone else could step in and give you the steps.

0 Likes
dominicanchica

HI KLUE

Is usually WiFi but i have tried kies i need to find a s/n number in order to update i have ask Samsung and Verizon the numbers don't work, do you know where i can find it.

thanks

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1
I don't have this phone and not familiar with its menu but I found this in another forum.
Open the back cover, remove the battery, any model number  or serial number should be there,  otherwise with the phone on, go into  settings and look at device info, should be there.
0 Likes