Re: Android OS Updates
Not applicable

Yep have it on my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AndroidDev,

We're just as excited for the software upgrade you're waiting for. At this time, there is no official release date, which is why we're unable to provide you with a date. We want you to have only correct information and once it's available, you will receive it by registering for alerts.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

AdaS_VZW,

Thank you for the response. It has no information, though. I understand that you have no responsibility to officially release the updates. However, the customers should be respected and informed about the current status, at least.

Most of "VZW Support" answers are pathetic, like

"Software updates are exciting! We have no info on the X.X update. You can check here http://vz.to/P8lzN8"

~ VZW Style (Canned Answer)

Thanks again, and have a nice day!

Spinward_Lewis

Are there no updates on any of the models?  You would think a Note 3 would be high on the list...  I paid enough for the darn thing!

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

Not that I'm giving VZW a free pass on being late to update phones, The issue is the Manufacture/carrier will not give a release date, Because if they give a date and they don't make it for any reason people will be calling for everyone to be fired and how horrible they are. Unfortunately for me i'm Stuck on VZW since I travel up north a lot and they are the only ones that work there. I wish I could jump to another carrier but it just isn't feasible for me.

0 Likes
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

Leaked versions of VZW S4 and Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat updates are now available and they still have no information. What a joke!!!

creator
Contributor - Level 2

I agree it is a joke, When I had my Bionic I was part of the Moto Feedback network, I did beta testing and still didn't even know when updates were coming.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Kit Kat for the GS4 is available for download OTA now.

beyedup
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I downloaded it earlier today. It was running a little snappier than on JB. So it seemed anyway to me. I'm giving it a good recharge now, powered down, to check battery life/drain later or tomorrow.

All in all, it's good to get the update finally. And it's a week ahead of what they had said. So it's even better not having to wait any longer, since it's been a nice long wait already. Smiley Happy

0 Likes