Android Update makes things worse AGAIN??!!
jrichview2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should have learned not to accept Android updates last time.  This time it's causing my phone to crash and reboot. What the h#ll is the problem, can't they provide a stable system update for once? 

This is a Galaxy S4 anyone else having a problem?

Should I back out the update or hope for a fix soon?

Labels (1)
Re: Android Update makes things worse AGAIN??!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Sorry to hear you're having problems with the update jrichview2. We want to get your device up and running smoothly again. Does this happen when you run a specific application? How often does this happen? Have you tried using Safe Mode http://vz.to/1ldHnPU for at least a few hours? If not, please do so and keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
weather99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same issue. After update my phone is rebooting unexpectedly and the screen becomes unresponsive. Reboots frequently happen around phone calls. I ran in safe mode and the same issue is occurring.

Other than a factory reset ... is there any actions I can take?

Is there a way to remove the update and go back to a working version?

Tidbits
Legend

My Galaxy S4 has no trouble. It's something you have installed or something broken in your backup.

Samsung blocked downgrading on all their devices worldwide.

0 Likes
DME5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here. Phone is completely unusable and keeps rebooting almost everytime I use it regardless of the application I am using. What a nightmare!!!!

Signalchaser1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. accepted the upgrade this morning and my phone has been rebooting frequently. Sometimes it reboots when i am trying to answer the phone. Strange though because it "soft" reboots as it doesn't require a password when it finishes rebooting. I hope this is fixed soon and a factory reset is not acceptable as many of us have a lot of stuff that would need to be backed up and re-installed.

Somebody either from Verizon or Samsung needs to reach out to their customers and make this right

weather99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am glad your phone is working after the update.

I have run the phone in Safe Mode. When the phone is in Safe Mode it only runs Samsung and Verizon loaded software and it still happens.

So I do not think it is any thing I downloaded.

0 Likes
bduemig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue.  Phone worked great up until I did the upgrade.  Now the screen freezes and reboots. I did all the suggestions even did a factory reset.  N change.

Since it doesn't seem like Verizon is wanting to respond, I guess when m,y contract is up i will move to another provider.

Suggestion.  Verify your updates work before pushing it on users!

Tidbits
Legend

It may be corrupted files on a bad flash.  Did you guys try flashing the update?

weather99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbit

What do mean by flashing the update?

Do mean replace or format the sd card?

I have not tried that. I will look into it.

It was working before the update.

Thanks!

0 Likes