Re: Android Update makes things worse AGAIN??!!
jrichview2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I couldn't get recovery mode to happen based on the instructions on that page. I decided to factory reset this thing and see if it continues to have the problem.

0 Likes
jrichview2
Enthusiast - Level 2

....and NO. Was trying to get it reconfigured this morning and it just crash/rebooted on me again.

A little fed up, and questioning how badly I really need a cell phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying so hard to get your phone to stop rebooting, jrichview2.  I have found other customers have had success by completing the Software Repair Assistant at http://vz.to/12hDWQu to stop all this trouble with the rebooting.  We know a phone is important and we're confident we can help to get your phone working again.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Although, some have used the SW Repair Assistant, and their Reboots continue...

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

clean overwrite  of the files is needed from the SRT or there will still be problems in those files, this is one deep bad bug guys. Perhaps a FDR first and then SRT?

stef7
Master - Level 2

If I'm not mistaken even after the FDR and SRT, there were reboots on more than one user's device as reported in these threads. For those people (rhymes with booting) and going to NC5 was their only recourse.

But that back-to-back process is something some willing persons should try.

What have they to loose with no commitment to an update / no time-frame for same?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I went over some of the posts but did not find it, however I think it's been done.  But if it were me I would try almost anything at this point. And it may be it takes more then one or two FDR to house clean those bits. It very possible it's in the boot sector up front and if so that's hard to clear as you know. I do not think it's a firmware issue from what is posted.

jrichview2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very rarely seeing this happen anymore.  Not sure what I could have done that fixed it.  I know it was a little better after I did factory reset but now it's rare that it crash/reboots.

However, I'm having a problem with my SD card that makes it almost 100% useless.  Posted elsewhere.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Are you trying to access your card via the built-in File exploring program? Or something else?

0 Likes
jrichview2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried that, tried from my Win7 PC via USB as well.  Also, apps cannot save to it.  Any app that I tell to move itself to the SD card ends up having to be re-installed.

0 Likes