Android os using half my data
Kayla2977

I am only allotted 1gb of data for a month, so I must use it wisely. Unfortunately the android os has been using half of my data!! Last month it used .45gb, and this month it's already at .20gb and it's only been one week! I have restricted background data but it is still doing it. Someone please help me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android os using half my data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kayla2977, this is alarming to see. Let me assure you that we want to figure this out. What kind of device do you have?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jaided23

with the latest os update. even having background data turn off is useless. im already about 19 GB over my allowed 20 gb a month, all the apps keep updating  without  asking me to allow it, im seriously about to just switch carriers

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The updating of the apps is controlled by the Play Store setting.  You should be looking at the data usage setting to see exactly which apps are using the data.  Most people use less than 6 GB per month and you are using almost 20!?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes