Android.process.acore has stopped workin
GEOSAX90

How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android.process.acore has stopped workin
KenKirk

Based on various forums, the recent occurrences of this seems to be directly attributable to the Verizon Cloud app (or other Verizon services). Yes, in the past, this error was possibly caused by non-Verizon apps, but this recent outbreak is Verizon-only.

What worked for me was to uninstall the Verizon Cloud App (and possibly the My Verizon app). Others suggest just clearing the cache of that app, but that didn't work for me. I'd rather delete the app altogether and wait for Verizon to fix the bug before it potentially causing the error to come back because the app clearly has issues.

Note that I did a complete factory reset of my phone last night, then after getting it back up and running, the .acore error started happening again, and I researched and found the solution above on reddit.com/r/lvg30.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GEOSAX90, I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving this error on your device! We're here to help figure this out. In order to find out why you are getting this error, we need a bit more information. What make & model phone do you have? When did this begin? Do you see it happening when using any specific app or doing any specific action on your phone? This information will help us better understand the issue, so we can help resolve it. 

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KenKirk

Seems to be affecting LG devices; mine was on an LG v30, which was resolved with removing/disabling Verizon apps as described above.

0 Likes
AzCardRider

Yes this has just happened today on my LG G6 phone.  I just completed a factory reset after the acore problem came up.  Even after the factory reset the acore stopping problem came back even with most of my past apps uninstalled and as on other forms as soon as I disabled Verizon Cloud the acore stopping problem ceased immediately.  I will check back but I bet as soon as I allow my phone to install the latest version of Verizon Cloud it will come back.

I use Verizon Cloud so I hope this helps to Verizon Tech Support to examine issue and get me back to using Verizon Cloud.

0 Likes
AzCardRider

For Verizon Tech Support here is a forum with comments for Today, July 10th discussing the link between the latest verizon cloud and android acore problem connection:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/android-8-0-oreo/897349-lg-g7-thinq-android-process-acore-keeps-st...

0 Likes
lschach

This has been going on for the past few days across a variety of different Android phone. The only fix I've found that works for everyone is to disable the verizon cloud on your phone, then restart. Works like a charm.

VERIZON: check you latest cloud release for incompatibilities with the latest Android release!

0 Likes
CONLEO16

I have a LG V30.  Did an app update today that include the Cloud.  Message andriod.process.acore has stopped started.   I followed advice that said do a "Forced Stop" on app then disable.  Seems to have worked so far.   Come on Verizon...get on this one. Thx.

0 Likes
CONLEO16

Mine is a LG V30.  Did update today at mid-day eastern time that included Cloud.  I followed earlier advice to "force stop" app, then disable.  Seems to remedy problem for now.  We need you to get on this Verizon. Thx

0 Likes
DAVRIE99

Was having same problem on my LG G6. Before I had a chance to do anything to fix it, I noticed my Verizon Cloud app was automatically updated within the last hour and I no longer am having any issues. Seems like Verizon has found a fix for it already? Wanted to let those who actually use Verizon Cloud for backup know about this so there hopefully shouldn't be a need to have the app disabled anymore!

0 Likes