Android screen lock keeps disabling itself
Dbaxfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a droid turbo that I got 3 months ago. I've been using the pattern screen lock all this time but suddenly in the past few days the screen lock just disables itself. I go to unlock the phone and I swipe the screen up and when the pattern should appear it doesn't it just goes to my home screen. I am running Webroot for antivirus security and it warns me that I don't have a secure lock on my phone. I reset the the pattern lock and then the next day it undoes itself again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
Re: Android screen lock keeps disabling itself
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dbaxfan,
I like to keep my phone locked fo rmy own piece of mind, so not having a screen lock that is working properly would throw me off as well. Let’s find out what might be going on here. When did you download your anti-virus software? Did you notice anything change on your phone when this issue began (any new apps, new software, etc)? Keep us posted.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dbaxfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I downloaded the anti-virus program more than a month ago and this issue just started 3 days ago. I haven't added any other apps recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The security of your phone is paramount to us as well, Dbaxfan. Let’s keep digging into this. Have any apps updated since this issue began? Has the device been tested in safe mode? http://vz.to/1ENHmNr

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SoCalTony76
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has been doing the same thing. I used the pin lock and a few days ago it started switching off on its own. I switched to password lock and it did the same thing. It would switch over to swipe on its own. I using the pattern lock and it hasn't yet switched to swipe. It's been stable for about two days. A poster on an Android forum thought it might be a ROM issue since there were other people being affected as well.

0 Likes