Anoying "Sim card is not from verizon" notification on unlocked phone. What is the way to remove it instead of disabling the agent?
verma_04

Anoying "Sim card is not from verizon" notification on unlocked phone. What is the way to remove it instead of disabling the agent?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anoying "Sim card is not from verizon" notification on unlocked phone. What is the way to remove it instead of disabling the agent?
Snn5
Legend

You'll need to speak with the carrier in your country at that time for a local SIM from them.  Most likely though, your phone will not work well wherever you go.  Verizon phones like Verizon's network and will look for a Verizon SIM, for which you cannot use wherever you go outside the US.  You shouldn't use a Verizon device with a T-Mobile SIM.  Unlocked means POSSIBLE to activate on other carriers, not a GUARANTEE that it will work. All Verizon LTE phones are unlocked to begin with.  You should buy a phone from your local carrier. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Anoying "Sim card is not from verizon" notification on unlocked phone. What is the way to remove it instead of disabling the agent?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to a corporate Verizon store and get one that IS from Verizon - they are free.  Activate the phone using the Verizon SIM card.  I think you can also call customer service and they will mail you one.

verma_04

Not sure when i dial the tech support  number 800 922 0204 it says not a Verizon phone. And when i visited the store they have disabled the agent which start working on phone restart.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you are using a Verizon phone on Verizon service, you should have a Verizon SIM.  As stated above, you can call to have one sent in 10 days or less, visit a corporate store for a free SIM, visit an authorized retailer and pay $5-$20, or order one from your My Verizon page.

0 Likes
verma_04

Oh Is that means even though i am able to use T mobile in that verizon device but i can't get rid of this notification.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm sorry, please clarify.  Are you trying to use a T-Mobile device on Verizon? Or a T-Mobile SIM in a Verizon device?

0 Likes
verma_04

I am using T mobile Sim in verizon device. Actually i have purchased this device by making full payment and what best buy guys has told me that this is unlocked. I am going back to my country by next month from US. So wanted to know how to remove this Verizon restrictions

Thanks

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'll need to speak with the carrier in your country at that time for a local SIM from them.  Most likely though, your phone will not work well wherever you go.  Verizon phones like Verizon's network and will look for a Verizon SIM, for which you cannot use wherever you go outside the US.  You shouldn't use a Verizon device with a T-Mobile SIM.  Unlocked means POSSIBLE to activate on other carriers, not a GUARANTEE that it will work. All Verizon LTE phones are unlocked to begin with.  You should buy a phone from your local carrier. 

0 Likes
WK121
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Verizon phone that has been in use for a couple of years. Today, I restarted my device and now I have this notification. I bought the phone from Verizon, it IS a Verizon SIM as it came with the phone. I have never had this notification pop up before, but now it does. Something changed outside of my control and I don't much care for it. What to do now?

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes