Anyone else having this error on their Android?
maridot

I keep getting text messages from VZWNMN....every time I get an email -  I did this on this site:   http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27/incredible-2-owners-receiving-message-from-vzwnmn-here-is-how-t...

I am also getting this message:

SORRY THE APPLICATION EMAIL (PROCESESSCOM.ANDROID.EMAIL) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN - then a box with  FORCE CLOSE that you have to do befor you can do anything else...  I was getting this before I did the "Remove"  for  Contact Management.

What to do to stop this?  I have not changed anything...  I have had this phone since 12-22-2011, with no problems.

Suggestions would be appreciated...I will also contact Verizon about this...very annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else having this error on their Android?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The email is force closing for some reason.

Try going to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the email application and select it.

See if you can clear the cache.

You could also clear the data, but you will need to re-add your email accounts to the email application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nevinswm

I have the same problem for the last two days.  I am also getting a message " Sorry !"the application Email (process com. android......) Forced Shut down. 

Verizon help had me do a factory reset and wipe away my 3  emails.  I am still getting the same text messages and I have mine blocked.  Verizon told me that the issue is with Verizon and has to do with Backup and sync.  They are working on it and realize it is a major issue. 

0 Likes
TSTET2006

I started getting those messages today. I did some research on the internet. Someone posted to do the below. I did it and the messages seemed to have stopped but, I can't access my email anymore.

Well, the service is notifying people with a Verizon text from VZWNMN (6250) every time this MyVerizon all-in-one email inbox receives a new email.  You can attempt to add the number to your blacklist text app and block it, but then you really aren’t solving the problem and instead are just masking it.  It’s annoying to say the least, but from what we can gather, most people are more frustrated with the fact that this service has been mysteriously turned on than anything.

So here is what you can do to get rid of it:

1.  Login to your Verizon account.
2.  Click on “Account” at the top and then “Change Features” from the bottom right.
3.  Select the device you would like to remove the service from.
4.  Then scroll down until you find “Contact Management” and click “Remove.”

0 Likes