Anyone else recently noticed a reduction in general signal strength in El Dorado County
Just-Some-Guy

I have noticed a significant reduction in overall signal strength in El Dorado County. Areas where a week ago I had 4G Full signal are now 3G limited signal at best, while areas that used to have limited 3G coverage now don't show any "G" and maybe 2 bars if any connectivity at all. Basically what I'm seeing is a general overall reduction in signal strength throughout most of El Dorado County. I am seeing this on all four of my family's new Droid Maxx phones!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else recently noticed a reduction in general signal strength in El Dorado County
Empowered_by_4G

Funny you should say that. Just the other day I was thinking the same thing. Nearly everywhere I go now has 1 or 2 bars of 4G strength. Although, in my ivory tower office, I have a strong 5 bar connection that has not faltered, everywhere else does seem to be lacking in the ever precious 4G resource we all need to survive these days. I have called Verizon in the past and they have done their magic, likely a placebo, and things have straightened up a bit. I guess I need to call them again for more account massaging. We're seeing this on our Samsung Galaxy family of phones too!

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else recently noticed a reduction in general signal strength in El Dorado County
dp9214

My buddies and I in Michigan are having the same issue - drove to Ohio same problems - also drive into Detroit for concert the other day - dropped location services, lost weather service, lost web services, signal strength sometimes shows no 3 or 4G - sometimes 1G - wondering if Verizon bandwidth is lacking or they're not paying their tower bills?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Empowered_by_4G,

This is a very unsual issue to run across and we'd love to look into it. Hearing that you're receiving low 4G signal in more than one spot is not the normal coverage we pride ourselves on. The fact that this is happening to multiple phones indicates this may be something going on in that specific area and we'd like to investigate into it. What zip codes are you experiencing these speeds? Can you please do a speedtest from www.speedtest.net and let us know what the results are? If you can do a speed test with more than one phone it would be very helpful!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Sarah. They are having a signal strength, mode problem. Not a throughput problem. I could have 4G connectivity but have awful throughput because of a bandwidth capacity problem.

Reading on the web, many of these users are getting lower signal strength than they used to. I think because of Kitkat and the base radio software layer... seems to be happening on many Samsung owners devices.

0 Likes