Anyone have any information about Verizon's diagnostics session tool?
riverson

Today I was chatting with Verizon and out of nowhere I got a notification about a "diagnostics session".  The only option in the notification was to "disconnect", so that's what I did.

Tier 1 support, the support I was talking to when it happened, had no idea what I was talking about.  Tier 2 support mentioned that the session requires the "My Verizon" app and that there are two forms of the session.  One form is that they only see diagnostic information, and the other form is that they can view the device's screen remotely.

Is anyone else familiar with this form of diagnostics used by Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Anyone have any information about Verizon's diagnostics session tool?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have personally never used them, but I believe they have been around for a while now. Since I don't find it necessary to use the My Verizon application on my phone I haven't had reason learn more about it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Riverson, I can understand the concern when getting a message on your phone that you're not aware of. We would be able to perform a performance check on certain devices. The Performance Check only provides me with the information related to your device's settings and performance. The Performance Check does not allow me to view any personal data on your device. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help. You can see how to access this tool via the link here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ . You can check your device, connection, apps, and other functions of your device to make sure everything is working correctly. For Tier 2 support, they make ask for access to your screen to help you troubleshoot and see what you see. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes