Anyone have any luck with getting Verizon to restore or release deleted text messages?
Brentonjsmith

Anyone have any luck with getting Verizon to restore or release deleted text messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone have any luck with getting Verizon to restore or release deleted text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Brentonjsmith,

We know retrieval options are important for accidental deletes! When did you delete the text messages? Did you need to content or just the number that sent the message? What device do you have?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Anyone have any luck with getting Verizon to restore or release deleted text messages?
Brentonjsmith

Deleted them about a week and a half ago.  I need the content.  Galaxy S4.  The only way i've been able to find is for an attorney to subpeona Verizon for them.     

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you had the texts backed up somewhere, they are gone, unfortunately.  VzW keeps about the past 10 days' worth of text content and yes, to obtain copies requires a court order.

0 Likes
Brentonjsmith

How can anyone possibly request and obtain a court order within 10 days of deleted text messages?  It seems like Verizon has made it impossible for this to happen.    

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

While this won't help with the current situation, you might want to start using a text backup and restore app to avoid this issue in the future, like SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

Brentonjsmith

I have already done so.  I am just disappointed with Verizon that they are so challenging to deal with...         

0 Likes