Anyway to turn off 5G
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Motorola One 5G and I saw because 5G is not the best right now and not stable. The best thing to do is to turn off the 5G for now. I don't think this phone will yet you dose anyone know anything or maybe how to?

0 Likes
Re: Anyway to turn off 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your services. Let's work together and make sure you can are able to stay connected. When did you start having trouble? Does this happen anywhere you go? There are some devices that allow to change the network. The device you currently have will pick up 5G if that is the network available in your area. 

~Gina

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Happens in random areas

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming this information. We want to make sure you have a consistent connection. may we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code so we can accurately pinpoint your location? What happens when you try to use your services (calls, text, data)?  Also, do your services improve after you restart your device? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for helping me. The city and zip code are. Maitland FL 32751 and the intersection would be Rollingwood and Nottoway Trl.  I can say from Verizon coverage Maps I am not I a 5G area but I am getting 5G Signal from somewhere. Calls take place over WiFi but I do believe I can make calls on Verizon Network. I can send and getting text messages I can receive picture messages but a lot of times when I try to send pictures it fails to send. I get zero to very slow internet on Verizon Network are home and in the area of 32814...... I think I would be able to receive Internet on a 4G LTE signal but I am getting a weak 5G Signal from somewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vaio165, we certainly want to help you in any way we can. We sent you a Private Message, please respond only to that message going forward.

-Steven

0 Likes
KELONE333
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about helping by answering the question. How to shut off 5G. Do you want to thank us, and apologize to us, all that is well and good, but none of it answers the question

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm human & can most certainly understand your concerns, KELONE333. 5G does revert to 4G if it's not available in your area. What's the make and model of your device? Do you currently have roaming toggled on/off?

-Kia

0 Likes
Vaio165
Contributor - Level 1

It can't be turned off on my phone Motorola One 5G UW. I was just asking because sometimes when I get 5G signal I still got no Internet. So I was thinking disabled the 5G and go back to 4G. But I guess it doesn't work like that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Of course you can change the settings, Vaio165. Here's a link with steps. Keep in mind available networks will appear:

Settings Settings icon
Network & Internet
Mobile network

-Arya

0 Likes