Apps crashing since Friday evening update
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some kind of point update pushed to my HTC One M8 on Friday night (24 April). Since then, the following apps either crash instantly or after one minute of use:

My Verizon Mobile

USAA

Discover

Match

Verizon Accessories

CreditKarma

I've done the usual useless "clear cache and data / recovery boot / uninstall and reinstall" masochism tango on all of them, to no effect. Lollipop has been a major PITA since the forced OTA, ignoring my settings and killing my phone's performance, but this? This is unacceptable. I am NOT doing yet another hard reset.

Anyone else seen this and have any other ideas, aside from going back to Windows Phone (which is looking better every day, TBH)?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps crashing since Friday evening update
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having problems with a lot of my apps crashing on my Droid Turbo. I disabled this "Android System Webview" app and hopefully that help. The biggest issue was the "My Verizon Mobile" app crashing. I couldn't use my phone as a phone. I sure hope this does it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw819

I've had the same problem with my HTC one m 8 my apps are crashing such my Verizon mobile, weather bug , Facebook. It even slows down. I cleared the cache even deleted the apps and added again. I rebooted the phone nothing is working. It getting extremely frustrating.

0 Likes
Prelude670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uh-oh. I just created a post about my HTC One M8 crashing with the My Verizon app.

Looks like a pattern. They must want us to buy an M9...

0 Likes
Prelude670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uninstalled "Android System Webview" and it seemed to clear up all my problems on my HTC One M8.

Everything working fine now. Good luck and post back if it works for you.

Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having problems with a lot of my apps crashing on my Droid Turbo. I disabled this "Android System Webview" app and hopefully that help. The biggest issue was the "My Verizon Mobile" app crashing. I couldn't use my phone as a phone. I sure hope this does it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Android System Webview has been updated recently.  Are you sure you have the current updated version?

0 Likes
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ya checked it and I do. I disabled it and my "My Verizon App" still continues to crash. It makes it awful hard to use the phone as a phone when the app keeps crashing.

0 Likes
FtLaurens99
Enthusiast - Level 1

i went to verizon with a dozen others today, all same problem, apps crashing since yesterday,  monday. They "couldnt fix it", and were sending me a new phone, of course, I sat in my car and a customer talked me thru updating thru google play store, my apps and GUESS WHAT, phone is now working !!!, i think verizon wants to get rich

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes