Apps running by themselves
xXTroubleXx

Don't know if it is just post Lollipop update but I notice apps starting and running themselves in the background. For example, Google Play Music is constantly on and I never use it. As a matter of fact occasionally all the stock unused bloatware apps on my phone do this and cannot be uninstalled. All I can do is uninstall all updates. Who do I talk to about getting some of the junk off my phone that I don't use?

Also after this Lollipop update the Go app & theme I did use no longer work. Where are the "theme" settings in this new OS?

As I have seen a lot of the basic general answers, no reply is necessary unless constructive and helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps running by themselves
Snn5
Legend

There are always a lot of apps that start and stop and Android usually does a great job of memory management, usually with no user input.  As far as uninstalling preloaded software, disabling what you can and stopping the sync of any you cannot is about all you can do.  Any Google apps you can stop from syncing from inside your Google Account.  There really aren't many themes per se, and IDK which phone you have, as some might have a slightly different set of backgrounds and icon packs (The LGs do.)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Apps running by themselves
Snn5
Legend

There are always a lot of apps that start and stop and Android usually does a great job of memory management, usually with no user input.  As far as uninstalling preloaded software, disabling what you can and stopping the sync of any you cannot is about all you can do.  Any Google apps you can stop from syncing from inside your Google Account.  There really aren't many themes per se, and IDK which phone you have, as some might have a slightly different set of backgrounds and icon packs (The LGs do.)

0 Likes