Asus ZenFone AR unable to check for updates.Fix?
JDRAKEH

To be clear, right off the bat, this isn't an issue with installing updates - the phone cannot even CHECK for updates.

I cannot check for updates over the air, either when connected to my home WiFi or my 4G data connection. This produces an error telling me to check my network(s) for connectivity issues. Both are fine. So I try to install the Software Upgrade Assistant.

Except I can't, because the phone auto-mounts as a MTP device when I plug it into the USB slot of my home computer (Windows 10 64-bit), rather than as an installer (and changing the option on the phone's drop down menu does nothing to remedy that). So, just download the software from Asus, you say?

Great. Except the link to the Software Upgrade Assistant from your site to Asus's site is for an entirely different device (a tablet) and, after I run that executable file, I get a version of the Software Upgrade Assistant that notifies me it isn't compatible with my phone.

Man, I just got this phone (new) from you guys on Thursday (09/07/2017) and exactly a week later, it looks like it may already be busted. I'm not very happy.

I've been told by support to go to the nearest VZW store as soon as possible, but I won't be able to do that right away as I have guests in from out of town. Are there any other solutions I need to look into other than "Please replace this broken phone"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asus ZenFone AR unable to check for updates.Fix?
JDRAKEH

I have discovered that if I boot the phone in safe mode, I can get the phone to mount as an installer in Windows, but it will not install the software. It produces an error saying I need an Internet connection to continue installation which, of course, I have.

0 Likes
Re: Asus ZenFone AR unable to check for updates.Fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JDRAKEH, making sure that you have a fully functioning new device. Especially a brand new device. I wanted to let you know that we do offer a 14-day worry free guarantee on any new device. Please click the link to learn more about our guarantee and take advantage of the offer. http://spr.ly/65888Fl3a . To locate a store closest to you, please click our locator finder. http://spr.ly/65808Fl3I .

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes