Asus Zenfone V - no SMS/MMS pictures or notifications of new text messages
GALAWDAWG

I just got an Asus Zenfone V. I'm having three issues with it.

1. I receive no alerts that a text message has come. Only when I go to the message app does it sync.

2. I can't receive pictures via text message. The person thinks they sent it as it says Delivered on their end but I see absolutely nothing to indicate they've sent anything.

3. When using the video, it's incredibly dark. I bought this phone due to the supposedly fantastic camera and video capabilities. Not impressed so far.

Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asus Zenfone V - no SMS/MMS pictures or notifications of new text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GALAWDAWG

We want to supersede your expectations when it comes to this device. Is Notifications enabled on in Settings>Notifications for text messaging?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our cellular data network when you have issues with receiving text messages?

You mentioned that the your videos are discolored. Does this issue happen when taking pictures, too?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What messaging app are you using? Do you have the notifications for the app turned on? Do you have MMS turned on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GALAWDAWG, this is certainly not the kind of experience that we would want you to have with your brand new phone! Let’s dig into this further to make sure these issues are properly resolved.

We understand that this was a recent purchase for you. Can you tell us when these issues first started to appear? Have they been occurring since the first day you’ve had the phone? By any chance, did you happen to use an iPhone prior to this? Are you experiencing any issues with sending text messages, sending picture messages, making or receiving calls?

You’ve mentioned that the video is dark. Do you notice a difference in the lighting between the video and the camera? Is the video dark while taking the video as well as replaying the video once it’s saved?

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes