At a loss
GREATONES

Messages from my phone randomly show up on anothers phone. What would cause this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: At a loss
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Are you using an iPhone? Are you signed in to both with the same Apple ID and Password?

0 Likes
GREATONES

No. They are Androids.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREATONES,

This is very strange for Android phones, but I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. There are only a few ways something like this could occur. First, what kind of messages are we talking about? Are these standard text messages, or something like Google Hangouts messages? Please share as much detail as possible about what kind of messages these are and how they are being delivered. We'll be happy to help you from there.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This would have me perplexed also GREATONES. Let's take a closer look to figure out why this is occurring. How many other devices are you experiencing this issue with? What messaging application is being used? Does this happen on messages being sent, received or both? Keep us posted. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREATONES

Happens just on the one other Android which is an off brand through Straight Talk. The messages are through Verizon's messenger + app through my provider. It is both sent and recieved messages. I think i have had a "text message hack" put on my phone, but i can't find it and would like to know how to get it off. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREATONES, that is very strange to happen, and I would be concerned as well. You are absolutely aligned with what I was thinking. With Verizon Message + you can connect to other devices in order to share texts. You can check this by registering and logging in to Verizon Messages online. Once you do that you want to open the menu in the top left corner, go into the account settings and see if any other devices are registered. If you see one there that shouldn't be unregister the account. Keep us updated.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
GREATONES

Unfortunately that was not the answer. The only other answer's are, A.... My phone has a hidden app that someone has put on and my protection/spyware missed it. B....the other phone is a ZTE Android through Straighttalk and has had other random off the wall issue's. Noon e seems to know the ZTE is picking up other texts randomly. So i either default/reset my phone? Default/reset the ZTE? Replace the ZTE? Replace my phone? What other options???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This really is odd, GREATONES. I appreciate those extra details. What model is your Verizon Wireless Android device? Since you mentioned you’re using a protection/spyware, what application are you using for this?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREATONES

LG 3 Anti-SpyWare Mobile Free

0 Likes