BTSA stopped working in my vehicle.
HotSpotQuestion

About two weeks ago my HTC One stopped working in my Ram 1500 for Bluetooth Streaming Audio.  No issue with phone calls via Bluetooth though.  Around the same time, I started receiving warning pop-ups while on the internet that my phone has a virus.  I used Norton and MacAfee to run virus and malware scans and they bring up nothing.  Anybody ever have a similar issue and know how to resolve?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BTSA stopped working in my vehicle.
Snn5
Legend

You can reset it yourself in your backup and reset option in settings, or you can take it to a store and ask them to do it.  Just remember to uncheck any boxes that ask you to restore any app info in those same reset settings screen.  That way when you reset up the phone from scratch you dont reinstall the offending app.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-verizon-wireless/howto/394151.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Is this the hotspot or bluetooth that has the problem?

0 Likes
HotSpotQuestion

Bluetooth.  My vehicle shows my phone is connected as the BTSA source and phone source, but any attempt to play music through the vehicle fails.  Play Music, Pandora, iheart, even the UConnect apps stopped working.  It shows the song progressing on my phone, just no audio.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you have some sort of ad-push "virus."  Outside of removing apps you installed recently, it has been shown that some malware waits up to 30 days before actually running at first.  I might go back 30 days or so and re-evaluate those apps.  Have you removed your Ram from your phones BT list and vice versa to try a fresh pairing?  Does your Ram's audio system have any installable updates from the manufacturer, maybe via saving an update to a flashdrive or CD or maybe a wireless transfer?  Any updates for the HTC?

0 Likes
HotSpotQuestion

Re-pairing was my first thought as well.  Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue.  I work in the validation area for the car company so I know my software is the latest and greatest.  I've tried multiple vehicles with the same issue.  Also verified my phone software is up to date.  I know it's not a software issue with the vehicle as my wife has the same exact phone and has zero issues.  I'm wondering if I take the phone into a Verizon store if they can wipe it clean of whatever infected it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can reset it yourself in your backup and reset option in settings, or you can take it to a store and ask them to do it.  Just remember to uncheck any boxes that ask you to restore any app info in those same reset settings screen.  That way when you reset up the phone from scratch you dont reinstall the offending app.

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-verizon-wireless/howto/394151.html

0 Likes