Backup Assistant Plus is annoying me.
ThanhNguyen

I have a Droid RAZR HD, and with the recent software update, I keep getting annoying requests to sync my phone with the Backup Assistant software.  I don't want to back up my contacts into the cloud now, nor ever.  And I can't turn this app permanently off.  Better yet, I'd rather just uninstall it from my phone.  All of my contacts are backed up with google, so I have no need to use Backup Assistant.  The screen appears multiple times per day.  I tried to go to the settings page, but there is no option to turn this syncing off.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus is annoying me.
Leavewellenoughalone

Same here.  I am not going to allow the permissions this 'required update' is asking for, and have no cloud needs, but wouldn't mind still having the basic contact backup.  Like ThanhNguyen stated, the notification is really annoying.  Just make it go away.  I'll use the Google back up service...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ThanhNguyen

I understand your desire to not receive notifications from an application you don't use, and I would love the opportunity to help.

Although the Backup Assistant application is preloaded and cannot be uninstalled, you can disable the application.  Here's a link with instructions for disabling an application on your device: http://vz.to/1hiQ0HO.  Please let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ThanhNguyen

AnthonyTa_VZW,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortuantely, that did not help with my problem.  When I go to the list of applications, there are three applications that are associated with Backup Assistant Plus.  They are called 1) Sync Service, 2) Backup Assistant Plus, and 3) Backup Assistant+ Contacts Client.  I am able to disable the "sync service" application, but for the other two applications, the disable icon is greyed out and I cannot select it.  So now, instead of getting a popup screen reminding me to sync my contacts, I get a popup screen telling my that my Backup Assistant+ Contacts Client has failed to start.  Over and over, multiple times per day, and crashes any application that I am using at that time.

I have been a Droid user for many years, but this has gotten so annoying that I think this will be my last Droid phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clear the data and cache from those three apps, then force stop.  Then ensure that sync service is disabled.  Hopefully that will stop BUA.

0 Likes
ThanhNguyen

Nope, didn't work. Data and cache already cleared. And force stop only

works for about 30 min, then the app restarts itself. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the steps provided did not help ThanhNguyen. Lets try some other steps to get this resolved. Here is a nother option to disable the app http://vz.to/1d2zsr2 . If you continue to have issues a hard reset would be th e last step http://vz.to/15wBaOx . Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes