Re: Basic voicemail indicator not functioning
lblocklin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the assistance. A soft reset did not help either of our devices.

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

jamespizza
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mo_Razzy,

Have they found any solution that works for fixing this situation.  I am still stuck with no indicator.  I keep missing voicemails and am being forced to just dial into voicemail a couple times a day to see if there is something there I have missed.

J

0 Likes
jamespizza
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still having this issue, what is going on and how do I fix this.  One possible symptom is that I received a voicemail....imagine the irony.  Telling me my free trial period of premium visual voicemail (I NEVER signed up for this) is over and I would be bumped down to regular visual voicemail.  I do not want visual voicemail!!!  I just want my regular voicemail, with indicator back!

PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
jamespizza
Enthusiast - Level 2

All in the link.  I believe I have found the solution!!!!

I worked through the chat function and the issue is somehow visual voicemail was activated on my phone.  I believe Verizon pushed this out to me as I never activated it.  I received a voicemail saying my free test was expiring, a test I never signed up for.  Anyway the chat agent said he had to go in and purge the visual voicemail from my phone setup and reactivate basic voicemail.  I had to power down and restart.  This has fixed the issue. 

Mo_Razzy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is evidently so big that this glitch doesn't appear on their radar.  Both phone numbers in the household have lost that feature.  Little by little any goodwill that Verizon had established with me is eroding. That I've been with them for years has made no difference. 

Mo' Razzy 

Sent via my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE carrier pigeon 

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Most of the phones used Google Voice for Voicemail as a standard.  When Verizon forced Visual Voicemail on everyone some of the models of phones deleted Google Voice (Samsung in particular).  You can download Google Voice from Google Play and use it as regular voicemail

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I'm using visual voice mail on my S7 and to get the indicator to work, data has to be turned on.

0 Likes
Not applicable

again make sure apps for notifications have thier own settings set to notify.

0 Likes
PATBAS42
Enthusiast - Level 1

your instructions aren't correct. There is no option 1.