Battery Charge Monitor
RISailor

After the recent update to 48A my phone has suddenly shut down with a 0% charge several times. It seems to happen shortly after the charge drops under  50%. I do not think the battery is actually fully discharged when it shuts down because it is back up to 80% within about 1/2 hour. I used to get a warning when the charge dropped down to close to 15% when the phone is supposed to go into a charge saver mode (I checked and that is active).

Has anyone else noted this issue? Is the battery charge monitor part of the OS?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Charge Monitor
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RISailor, we want you to have a long lasting battery life. Let’s get this fixed right away. What’s the make/model of the phone? Are you using the original charger?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Battery Charge Monitor
RISailor

It is not an issue of losing charge too fast. It is the battery charge monitor that appears to be failing. There is no indication of a low charge before the phone is shut down with an indication of 0% charge. As I stated in my post the charge rate after this happens is too fast to have been starting at 0. It reached 80% within 1/2 hour the last time it happened.

Hobie

ps. Responding to your email got bounced as not deliverable.

0 Likes