Re: Battery issues since Galaxy S5 update
MojoPotato
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that didn't last long. After working well for a day after the hard reset it is back to its battery draining.  What next?  "Android System" is the culprit again.  I need a working phone ASAP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know having phone issues is no fun MojoPotato. Thanks for trying all the previous trouble shooting steps. I'm sorry  you are still having issues. We will definitely need to discuss a replacement option. Is your phone still under the manufactures warranty? Is there any damage to your device?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
MojoPotato
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your response.  I've been borrowing another phone from work to use when this S5 died.

Now that I've had the issue a few weeks it seems as though the intense battery drain might be triggered by a weak signal and/or location.  It seems to drain fast while idle at my house (which has a weak signal) while it goes through most of the day at work/on the road normally.  Did the last update change the software that deals with the radio by chance?

This phone only came out this year so it's under warranty and in perfect condition but as I noted it was fine until the last update so I'm worried that swapping it out with another will waste a lot of my time without addressing the problem.  Perhaps it would be better to try a different phone?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Definitely understandable, MojoPotato. It sounds like you've surely narrowed things down. Many times a hard reset http://vz.to/1kCIP40 is helpful in situations where the phone is 'searching for signal'. I would recommend trying this step after backing everything up. I'm confident this will be helpful in your decision making.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MojoPotato
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please read the previous messages. That was already attempted along with

safe mode. Did not fix the problem.

On Oct 1, 2014 1:42 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
dbenjamin

Having same issues since update

0 Likes
MA67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid and I'm having the same issues lately from an update.  Very frustrating.  Battery drains and phone gets hot.  I have tried turning phone on and off to shut things down.  I even had Verizon tech look at it and they weren't much help.  Obviously I'm not alone and something needs to be done with this problem.

jamtan99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Immediately after the update I started noticing significant lag and crashes.  I didn't notice the battery issue right away because I try to keep it plugged in most time at work.  However, it became really obvious one I had a couple of days off.

I also notice the phone getting hot in my pocket sometimes.  I sure wish I could go back to the previous OS.

unp79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep everyone I know says the same thing except Verizon Wireless.  They say this is not a problem.  They even convinced me to buy a battery for my phone to fix the issues. I'm so upset, an update ruined a phone I loved and overnight I hate it! The alarm clock won't work on silent making me late for work. The camera shutter sound cant be shut off and my battery lasts about 2 hours. I regret buying the s5 the day the iPhone 6 came out but I guess this is what you get for loyalty. ...not that Verizon has only gotten $200 a month from me for 5 years.... $12,000 so I guess they have enough business from me and it's time to move on

0 Likes
unp79
Enthusiast - Level 2

This won't fix it

0 Likes