Battery not charging...
Livefortherayz

So I just got my Phone yesterday, let it fully charge and let it run completely down today until it turned off. When I plugged it in..nothing..  The orange light does not come on, and the phone wont respond.  I have tested the outlet and all connections to charger, wall and phone and redone them as well.  Does anyone know of an issue like this? Also, I ordered it online.. through verizon, if I have to take it in and exchange it, will they do it there? Or do I have to go through the website and wait for a new phone to come...

Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery not charging...
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Not sure if you tried, but if not - pull the battery for a few seconds and put it back in. My wife's Eris did the same thing yesterday and it worked with a battery pull. Just a thought.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Not sure if you tried, but if not - pull the battery for a few seconds and put it back in. My wife's Eris did the same thing yesterday and it worked with a battery pull. Just a thought.

0 Likes
Livefortherayz

You know, I did think about it and sadly I should have known that.. but for some reason, I didn't.. lol  But that fixed it.  Thank you very much!

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Glad to help. Enjoy the phone.

0 Likes
phazelag

Let me know if this keeps happening.  My phone got so bad after two days that putting it on the charger actually took the battery down from 1/2 charge to zero charge in 10 minutes and it would not charger again after that.   So I exchanged for a new one and now 24 hours later this one is not charging. 

0 Likes
phazelag

Actually I just tried the battery pull and the charge went from showing 50% charge to about 80% after the reboot.  I am glad that helped but I am keeping an eye on this.  I hope poor battery management buy the phone isnt causing battery damage.

0 Likes
kl73

My phone is doing the same thing. I have it on the charger right now and it is beeping. Tried pulling the battery out but that doesn't work I have only had this phone a couple of months. It charges good except the  2 times I let it die down completely . I am really unhappy with this LG COSMOS

0 Likes
jdmarlow

Hi all,

I've had an LG Cosmos 2 for about 4 months.  I previously owned the Cosmos 1 for 2 years and had no problems.  Now with the "upgrade" the phone has begun not charging.  It also spontaneously shuts off during long phone calls.  Any advice out there?  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey jdmarlow!

Sounds like we can lend a hand with some advice for you. I know how frustrating it can be to have a device that either will not charge or shuts off. I wanted to let you know that we have not had any reports that the LG Cosmos 2 was having these type of problems. It sounds like there may be something wrong with the battery. If you are on the phone for a long time, does the phone get warm to the touch at all? On occasion the phone may shut off to make sure the internal components are not being damaged by heat. I do not know the threshold for this particular device, but I would imagine this is what you are experiencing. Have you ever had the battery replaced? It has a 1 year warranty, so having the device for 4 months should have you covered. Please let us know if we can fix this for you! Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jdmarlow

Hi Michelle,

I did take it to a Verizon store and they determined that there was a problem with the port where the USB charger plugs in.  So I got a new phone since it was under warranty and sent the old one back.  The new one works great.  Thanks so much for your response, and thanks to Verizon for making it easy to swap out the phones.

0 Likes