Battery question?
csscats

Hello - this if first time I've been in this discussion page, and was wondering if I was in the right area.  I've got a question regarding the awful battery life of the Samsung Stratosphere.  I've been scanning other peoples opinions, and it looks like I might have chosen the wrong phone!!!  It worked SUPER for about the first year, got it in August of 2011.  Now, in the last two days it has taken hours and hours to charge the darn thing, and then when it says it has a full charge, to unplug charger, the bar goes down to about half!!!  Frustrating me to death!  Took the phone into a Verizon store down here in Memphis, (we are heavy travelers, and are in lots of different places in USA), anyway, told the guy I was about ready to chuck the phone out the window!!!  Please tell me I am not alone in this problem, and what to do about it?????  Thanks, csscats.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery question?
Not applicable

Sounds like you needs a new battery that's all. They don't last forever you know.

0 Likes
bethd75
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I know is the battery life sucks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@csscats,

Battery issues are never phone! That's the life of the phone. It's like breath with no air! Let's get to the bottom of this!

Have you tried a different battery or charger? As Brian68 mentioned you may just need a new battery. Over charging the phone will definitely shorten the battery life. How do you normally charge your phone?

I recommend trying out a new battery. If you're under warranty and there is no damage to the phone we can replace the battery at no cost. But first let get some more info about your phone.

Do you have any Task Killer apps running? Do you make sure you close any apps not in use? This will run data in the background and shorten the battery life.

Keep me post so I can further assist.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
peggyleejuly

The two year contract is up on my Samsung Stratosphere & I can't wait to switch carriers. I have never had a phone that couldn't make it to the end of the 2 year contract. The main problem is the battery. It won't hold a charge for even a day. I have to keep my phone charged in at all times. The young man at customer service told me that Verizon would charge me $120 for the last 3 weeks of my contract. When I tried to discuss my problem with him he spoke over me & gave me his sales pitch. When I hung up on him in disgust, he rang me back. I told him not to call back. I would consider buying a new battery for this sorry phone, but the camera has issues. Half the time the phone cant read the sd card. Verizon, what you gain with an excellent network, you lose in rotten customer service. Are you listening?

0 Likes
peggyleejuly

I have also had a serious problem with my Stratosphere. For the last 5 weeks, my phone will not hold a charge for more than a few hours, so most of the time I keep it plugged up. Sometimes the camera works & sometimes it can't read the micro sd card. I have completely lost the "gallery" of my pictures on my phone. I have contaced customer service & all I get is sales talk. Fortunately for me my contract is up on the 21st. New phone. New carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

peggyleejuly,

We do not want to lose you! We want you to have a wonderful device that you can enjoy. Please follow and private message me so we can review all your options for getting you a dependable device.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@peggyleejuly,

Having a working phone is definitely a must! I use my camera all the time so I understand your concern.

I am sure once you send us the direct message Lindsey asked for we can take a closer look at what's going on and get your phone acting right so you stay with us.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes