Beta programs
Lynnsnow48
Enthusiast - Level 1

What are beta programs and I was told not to use them on my Android phone?

Re: Beta programs
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you seeing the beta programs? I know the Google Play Store allows you to sign up for a beta version of an application if the developer has setup a beta channel for their applications to facilitate real world testing of a newer version of the application before it is released to all of the current users. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

AnUnKnown1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The beta programs are the new Android software beta for Developers and testers. It normally does Not Get Offered to Verizon customers. Which is Extremely Extremely SAD. I'm changing soon as possible. 

gwgaston
Enthusiast - Level 1

Taking my 4 lines and leaving soon as well. This is just one of the many reasons. Sad as I've been with them for decades now.

• One other reason is that we have been on a 14GB plan (12GB + 2GB extra) if I recall. Once we switched to unlimited I noticed a slow down on general and my two sons who game on their phones noticed a big difference. Even the wife who only browses asked why it was slower now while off Wifi. I switched from an old S7 edge to an S22 ultra so for me to say I noticed it was slower is saying something. The other three lines have the same phone as before the switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out. We are saddened to read that you are looking to leave us after so may years. A reliable service is a must, and we want to help. What is your ZIP Code and o you know on which unlimited plan you are on? Do you notice the issue with your data speeds in a specific location only like home, work or everywhere? ~Roger

0 Likes