Blocking a text
LadyoftheWoods

I got a text from an unknown # 

I looked it up and it's a creeper I went to school with, I want to block this person but can't find a way to do it. Looks like the only option i have is to mute the conversation?

0 Likes
Re: Blocking a text
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can block up to five numbers for free through your MyVerizon account online for 90 days and you can can keep renewing that block every 90 days. 

You can also block the number on your phone and any messages you receive will not show on the phone and if the number calls you it would go directly to voicemail if you are not using the block option in your MyVerizon account online. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Blocking a text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to have unwanted phone numbers being able to contact you, LadyoftheWoods. Ann154 did provide some good options on how to block a number. As mentioned, you can always block five numbers for free on My Verizon for 90 days. You can find the steps on how to complete this task by following this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200867/ Was this the information that you were looking for? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes