Bluetooth and 2008 Audi TT
SallyS

My new droid eris pairs with the Bluetooth in my 2008 Audi TT without any problem, and also downloaded the address book easily.  However, it disconnects from Bluetooth randomly - sometimes within a few minutes, and sometimes after a few days. The Bluetooth connection works great when it's connected.  Does anyone know how to keep it from disconnecting spontaneously?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and 2008 Audi TT
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

Did you have another phone paired to your Audi before you got the Eris?  Did it work ok?  if the answer to either question is no, then the problem could be in the car, and not the phone, in which case you might want to contact your Audi dealer.  My wife and I both have our Eris's paired with our Avalon with no problems.  If you can verify the car is not the problem, you should speak to Verizon about it.  Perhaps try pairing a different phone with the car and see if you get better results.  That should tell you whether  the problem is in the car or the phone.

D Dave

0 Likes
Busiris2

There is an issue with Bluetooth and certain auto manufacturers...ie, Nissan, as an example. The Droid bonds with my daughter's 2008 Altima with NAV package perfectly, but is unusable. The voice is garbled coming from the car, and the reception inside the car sounds like you are deep inside a tin can.

After doing some research on this, it is evidently a compatibility issue between Nissan/Infinity products and the Droid, and is documented on several forums. Your issues with your Audi may be related.

My daughter has circumvented the problems by using her Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece...at least, for now.

0 Likes
stevehy

I have a 2009 Audi TT and both the Moto Droid and iPhone3g. Neither phone has ever exhibited any problem or disconnect with BlueTooth in almost a year. I would definitely suspect your phone as the problem here.

0 Likes
jissa

I just got the Eris a couple of days ago. I have a 2009 Audi A4 and the first couple of days it connected correctly and downloaded the phone book and everything was working fine. In the last day, the phone bluetooth would disconnect or the phone would report that it is connected but the car says that it is not. The only way to resolve this situation is to turn the Bluetooth off and on again.

Before the Eris, I had a Samsung Gleam and even though the phone did not transfer the phone book, it used to connect automatically and no disconnects.

0 Likes
lgradisher

I am trying to download the phone book to my prius, the bluetooth works great, but cannot get my contacts to download the car asks to transfer from the phone, but can't find how to do it.

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have an Eris, I have a Motorola Droid. But it syncs and stays connected perfectly in my 2007 Audi Q7. I've had a lot of long discussions withough any disconnects or issues whatsoever.

It could be a difference between Android 1.x and 2.x. The first Motorola Droid update fixed a number of bluetooth issues, which would support that idea.

So my guess is that when the Eris gets its 2.x update in a few weeks/months a lot of your problems will go away. So be patient. :smileyhappy:

Jason Bottjen

0 Likes