Bluetooth audio drops from headset during call while headset and call remain connected
pjc0715

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0.0. I frequently use a Bluetooth headset to take calls. During the past few weeks during calls the audio will suddenly drop out and start coming through the phone speaker. There is no audio tone or anything to indicate when this occurs, and the Bluetooth headset and call both remain connected during these occurrences. To get the audio working through the headset again I found I can disable and re-enable the Bluetooth audio for the call by tapping the Bluetooth icon on the call screen (not turning the Bluetooth adapter off and on). One tap will turn the icon from green to grey (and would normally send audio to the phone speaker, if it were not already there as is the case for me), then a second tap will turn it green again and return audio to the Bluetooth headset. Over the course of a 1 hour call this will typically occur several times. In the Bluetooth adapter settings I can see the media and call audio both remain enabled for the headset throughout these incidents.  Media playback so far has been completely unaffected, I can listen to music without any interruptions. I have tried a different headset and the same thing happens so it seems to be a software issue.  Are there any bug reports for this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth audio drops from headset during call while headset and call remain connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with using Bluetooth on your device. We know the importance of getting this corrected, and we will be glad to help! By any chance, have you checked to see if there are any pending software updates that need to be made to your device? Dies your phone have any physical or water damage? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth audio drops from headset during call while headset and call remain connected
Paul7990

I also have the same problem with my S7.

I checked for updates and the phone has the latest software.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to be sure that your device is working correctly at all times. What troubleshooting steps have you already done to attempt at resolving this issue?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes