Bogus Verizon Text Survey Alert
Newspaperron

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and have been a Verizon customer for about 35 years. Late in March I received a text asking me to take a Verizon Satisfaction survey... I took the survey that looked very legit, and was offered a reward at the end. I was to get a Smart Watch of some kind, and all I would have to pay was $7.97 for was shipping. My credit card was properly charged $7.97 on March 30th and the watch was delivered on April 5th....  BUT...

Today I reviewed my credit card activity and found  I WAS ALSO CHARGED $72.97 ON APRIL 2nd.

I will be contacting the number provided to the credit card, but first want to warn others of the situation...  

0 Likes
Re: Bogus Verizon Text Survey Alert
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Newspaperron,

We are always here to help when you need us the most. Do you still have the text message you originally received?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Newspaperron

Unfortunately I do not, nor did I keep the confirming email. I do however have the package that the watch came in...

First class USPS tracking number 9400 1112 0250 8333 3265 48

Return address: Returns, PO Box19195, Akron, OH 44319

Still trying to reach by phone to question second charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those texts aren't to be replied to. They simply aren't from Verizon. https://www.verizon.com/about/account-security/smishing-and-spam-text-messages 

-Carter

0 Likes
Newspaperron

I realize now that the texts aren't from Verizon,  but they definitely LOOK like they are. Logo, format of survey had Verizon all over it.

I did finally reach them by phone. They claim I joined some buyers club, but were willing to refund half of my money. I rejected that offer and all was refunded on the condition I not pursue further action.

My issue is resolved, but I doubt they have stopped using the Verizon name in their dubious activities...

0 Likes