Bought my Wife an Ellipses Tablet. However the memory already is full tried putting in Micro SD card to store apps on no go.
rngr
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Ellipses tablet I bought for my wife was suppose to be one of the best things coming out.  Now I am wondering how that is.  We have had nothing but trouble with it from the first day we got it.  Issue now are the following:

Memory is full bought a Micro SD Card and installed it.  Then it says cannot store apps on memory card just photos. Why can I not store apps on the micro SD card.?

Can a larger memory be installed into the Tablet?

We have taken everything off the tablet that we downloaded and now only have 3 games and the rest of the apps and items on the tablet were on it when it came.  It still says memory is full can not download anymore.

Verizon should not sell something like this or tell people it is the best thing that has come out when they know that they have issue with different items in the tablet.  Now I am locked into a 2yr contract with equipment that is junk.

Labels (1)
Re: Bought my Wife an Ellipses Tablet. However the memory already is full tried putting in Micro SD card to store apps on no go.
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really, did you not read the reviews? What did you think you could do with 8GB storage? Apps on the external sdcard hasn't worked since gingerbread, unless you root.

That's why I bought the nexus 7 2013 lte, and put my already activated Verizon lte Sim in it. 32GB storage, quad core CPU, 1080p screen res, HDMI, running kitkat 4.4.2, But best of all...no contract. 2gb/month for $30 month to month

You are stuck with a low end 7 inch lte tab for 2 yrs, that is already running an outdated version of Android. Ouch.

Re: Bought my Wife an Ellipses Tablet. However the memory already is full tried putting in Micro SD card to store apps on no go.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree. The reviews were not kind to the Ellipsis tablet. The Nexus 7 LTE tablet is a much better deal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

For those who want a comparison...

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Verizon-Wireless-Ellipsis-7,Google-Nexus-7-2013/phones/8207...

There is one inaccuracy though. The Nexus 7 2013 4G/LTE is an unlocked worldband device that will work in the US with T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon (for Verizon you need an already activated LTE SIM card)

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually there is a second inaccuracy also... The nexus 7 2013 lte does support hotspot natively (you can use the Nexus 7 as a wireless hotspot to connect other wifi devices to LTE mobile broadband/internet)

AT&T/T-Mobile may be a different story, but at least on Verizon hotspot connectivity on tablet data plans is free

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you are running 4.2.2 android on your device then you should be able to put all your apps and games on the supported 32 Gb sd card. That was one of the changes that came out with that update.

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. Android doesn't support it, and the app also has to support running off an external storage card. Most do not since Android did away with that option in 4.0

To do it, you must have root access

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

My phone is running 4.2.2 and I have all my apps and games installed to the sd card,  The only apps I cannot move are the ones that came preloaded when the phone was new.  All subsequent apps that I download from the store go on the sd card. My phone has never been rooted.

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your phone...

We are not talking about a phone. The tablet versus phone run different versions of Android UI. And manufacturer's modify the O/S. So yours may be different than a stock device.

The Ellipsis runs an almost pure version of Android 4.2 (which is already outdated considering 4.4.2 is current)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Samsung Galaxy S4 that I suspect you have does have the ability to install applications on the SD card. The only reason it and other Samsung Galaxy devices have that ability is because Samsung the manufacturer ADDED the code back to their devices. It is a customization of the current base Android OS done by Samsung.

Also if your phone is still on 4.2.2 OS version, you should update your phone to the current 4.3 for that particular phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes