Bought this for my wife but now I want to use it exclusively. How do I change owner from her to me?
skyfats

We bought this for my wife but now I want to change owner from her to me.  How do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bought this for my wife but now I want to use it exclusively. How do I change owner from her to me?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you simply want the phone active on your line instead of hers, turn both phones off, take the SIM card out of your phone and put it in the phone you want to use if both phones use the same size SIM card. You can then put your wife's SIM card in your phone if she wants to use it or in her old phone if that is what she would prefer.

If your wife is the "owner" of the entire account, you would have to call CS or stop by a corporate Verizon store if you want to change the account into your name. Your wife would have to give permission and a you would require a credit check.

You should probably factory reset both devices so that her information is erased and you can load your own information during the setup process after the factory reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bought this for my wife but now I want to use it exclusively. How do I change owner from her to me?
bearone21
Legend

change owner or change phones, turn off your phone & activate the new phone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you simply want the phone active on your line instead of hers, turn both phones off, take the SIM card out of your phone and put it in the phone you want to use if both phones use the same size SIM card. You can then put your wife's SIM card in your phone if she wants to use it or in her old phone if that is what she would prefer.

If your wife is the "owner" of the entire account, you would have to call CS or stop by a corporate Verizon store if you want to change the account into your name. Your wife would have to give permission and a you would require a credit check.

You should probably factory reset both devices so that her information is erased and you can load your own information during the setup process after the factory reset.

0 Likes