Brand new Eris: Contacts do not sync. Gmail is fine.
eris27

My contacts do not sync on my Eris. I've tried to force a sync multiple times, but the result is that it just keeps attempting over and over again, draining the battery. Eventually it says "sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly". It's been saying this for two weeks. The odd thing is that Gmail syncs without a problem, as does the calendar.

I purchased the phone on July 8 and my contacts initially synced, no problem. But just 5 days later this problem began. I thought it was temporary, but unfortunately it isn't.

I've tried taking out the battery, stopping and restarting a sync, etc. Been scouring the forums for a good solution and no luck...ready to rip my hair out. The local in-store rep I talked to said he's never seen this problem and doesn't know what's wrong. My only option is to do a factory reset, he said, which I am hesitant to do because if the syncing issue persists, I'll go from having some of my contacts on my phone to none.

Sure was excited to have a new smartphone. Now I just want to throw it out the window and go back to my Razr. This isn't the only problem I have...but that one is being addressed in a different post.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Brand new Eris: Contacts do not sync. Gmail is fine.
mcourt

My opinion is don't bother with a reset; it won't fix your issues.  How do I know, you ask?  Because I am on my second replacement Eris and factory reset never worked.  This latest phone is not giving me any substantial problems YET; however, my camera and picture messaging is not fixed and I can't synch my Facebook contacts (this is a new problem for me).  This is very frustrating.  I'll give it a few more days before I make my weekly call to Verizon.  I was a complete fan of Verizon until I bought this phone.  I understand phones can have issues, but they are acting like they've never heard of these issues...they simply need to look at all the forums to see.  Anyway, this phone was great until the 2.1 upgrade.  It's not a hardware problem (in my opinion but I am not  pro); it's software-related. 

0 Likes