Broken screen, no root, no adb debugging.
Dariox

Evening good folks. I've got a Moto Z Play, running Android 7, and  I dropped it. The screen is all black now. I can still hear notifications, but can't see anything. I've tried hooking it up via cable to my PC, but I get nothing.  I never got around to enabling the android debugging, either. So my question is this. Am I completely out of hope for getting a backup or any kind of recovery from this device? Am I missing something that will help? Thanks in advance, have a good night!

Jason

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Broken screen, no root, no adb debugging.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goodness, Jason! I am sorry to hear about your device. Have you tried to log into your Verizon Cloud to check what has been updated? In some cases your device will auto-back up your content and you won't even realize it.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Dariox

Unfortunately, that was one of the first things that I disabled, so it

didn't save anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dariox, we are very sad to hear that you disabled our Verizon Cloud app. That app would have helped back up everything on your phone. Typically, to access a phone using the USB cord on a computer, the screen would need to be activate to choose the option to connect to your computer.

If you selected to back up information with your Google account, you can check with Google to see if your data is saved with them.

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes