Buying a phone
Rnaodm

If i buy a phone from best buy, but the device is locked to verizon, is it possible to unlock it if pay the full amount in best buy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buying a phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new policy seems to require the customer actually activate the phone on a VZW line before it is eligible to be unlocked.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rnaodm

If i do unlock the phone, would the phone become gsm? or since it is made for verizon stay cdma?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rnaodm, we want to make sure all your questions are answered.  This can depend on a few different factors.  As Ann154 stated, the new policy for iPhone devices does normally require that customers activate the phones on our network first before it is eligible to be unlocked.  There is no way around this.

What type of phone would it be?  Would it be Prepaid or Postpaid?

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rnaodm

It is going to post paid

On Jul 12, 2018 4:53 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying that for me, Rnaodm. With regard to the device it may also be best to purchase the device directly from Apple as an unlocked device. That way you would not have to activate it under any carrier prior in order to unlock the phone. If you were to purchase the device from Best Buy you would be required to activate service with us to have the phone unlocked. Does this clarify your concern?

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rnaodm

The device i am trying to buy is an refurbished android device

On Jul 12, 2018 8:51 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes