Call quality dropped significantly in past couple of months on my HTCM8
amul1umt

I have been using my HTC M8 for past couple of years. The device is out of contract as well. It had been working great so far until couple of months ago. I have been constantly hearing people say that they can't hear me on the other side. The voice i hear echoes. There is low connectivity inside my apartment which has been there always but the call quality was great earlier. Even outside with great network coverage, call quality is very poor. I make whatsapp call on 4G LTE data when outside the apartment and that call quality is amazing but cellular call quality has gone severely bad. Not sure, what is wrong. This would seem to far fetched though but still possible: not sure, if verizon deliberately targets people with older phones so that they go and buy the new phones from them. Any suggestions to get improved call quality will be helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call quality dropped significantly in past couple of months on my HTCM8
yeseniav_vzw
Verizon Employee

Ashutosh, we know how important it is to have good call quality. Let's look into this issue. What is your ZIP Code? Is there any physical or water damage to the phone? Is your device up to date with the latest software version?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Call quality dropped significantly in past couple of months on my HTCM8
amul1umt

Hi

My zip code is 95134. I have the latest android update verizon provided for my phone that was almost a year ago. I check frequently for system updates available and there has been none. I have a few minor scratches here and there, but there is no such damage which can cause call quality go poor. Let me know if you can be of help.

0 Likes