Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,103 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Caller ID showing wrong country
blew1500

I recently spent a week in Germany, using my phone (Samsung J3V, running Android 7.0) via TravelPass. Now that I'm back in the US, most phone calls to me are showing up in Caller ID with German locations -- essentially, the phone is parsing the number incorrectly (for example, 555-555-1212 is showing up as 5555-551212). I've traveled internationally before without this problem. Any idea how to reset this? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID showing wrong country
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blew1500,

We know how important it is for your phone to be working properly. We would love to look into this issue with you. Since you have returned back home, have you powered your device off and on? Can you please try to power your device off and remove your SIM card for 3-5 minutes and re-insert it? Please click here to learn how to remove your SIM: http://spr.ly/6583Ds2k7 .

0 Likes
blew1500

Yes, that seems to have worked! Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blew1500,

That is wonderful news, is there anything else we can assist you with today?

StephanieS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mbseirani

Hello.  I have a similar problem, just slightly different.  When I'm overseas, and calling someone in the US, my phone number is not coming across as a US number (the parsing is the issue) AND this happens with people who have me listed as a contact!  How can I set the phone properly so when I call the US, they know its me?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mbseirani,

We hope you enjoyed your trip overseas! When you call back to the U.S., is it showing extra numbers in front or behind your normal number? Were you using a foreign SIM card instead of your Verizon SIM when travelling?

-Christopher

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes