Calls immediately cancel after dialing
SkiiNBlue

My calls keep cancelling immediately after dialing and clicking call. A reboot foxes it for a little bit but then it continues to happen. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 not rooted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls immediately cancel after dialing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SkiiNBlue we want your phone to be working right. Does your phone have the latest software update? http://spr.ly/6581Bu9kl* Try to run the phone in Safe Mode and see how it behaves. http://spr.ly/6583Bu9kW If it works in Safe Mode then one of the applications is affecting it.
JoelRVZWR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SkiiNBlue! Let's get you connected to your calls ASAP! When did this trouble begin for you? Is this happening on every call? Are you having any issues with text messages and or data/internet connections? What zip code are you in? Share details. Thanks in advance.

KristieQ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SkiiNBlue

Thanks for your quick reply! It started a couple weeks ago. I *think* it started when one day my battery was draining pretty quickly so I looked to see what apps were draining the battery and the top app was the Verizon Caller ID Name (I think that was the name). I didn't think I used that at all so I uninstalled it. I looked in the app store for the app to try to re-install it but I couldn't find it.However, around the same time on my tablet i opened up Verizon Messages + and it asked me if I wanted to be able to call emergency from my tablet and I said yes. So, I'm really not sure if one of those things caused it, but that's about when it started happening (I've had my phone since the note 4 came out).

I am not having any issues with text messages or data/internet connections. My phone has started becoming less responsive lately, but I don't know if that is at all related or not.

My zip is 85383.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SkiiNBlue we want your phone to be working right. Does your phone have the latest software update? http://spr.ly/6581Bu9kl* Try to run the phone in Safe Mode and see how it behaves. http://spr.ly/6583Bu9kW If it works in Safe Mode then one of the applications is affecting it.
JoelRVZWR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PimpMa

If your phone is hanging up automatically when you place a call you should also consider the fact that the person's number that you're dialing is not blocking your number and you can also go to the information tab on that number (the blue symbol i) and check to see if you accidentally blocked that number. This has happened to me on several different occasions.

0 Likes
SkiiNBlue

The first link does not work but I do have all of the latest OTA software releases.I will try it in safe mode for a little while to see what happens. If it do or doesn't happen in safe mode does one of them mean that I'd need to factory reset the phone?

0 Likes
SkiiNBlue

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy The numbers I am calling have not blocked me and I have not blocked them. It works after I reboot the phone, but then stops working shortly afterwards.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes