Camera Issue
jdc916
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know when it started but when I try to start the camera app, I have a blank screen and can not see the image I want to take a picture of.

I've seen a lot of posts about "Zoe" but no resolution except to send the phone in for repair.  The phone isn't broken, some update caused this problem.

How do I get the @#$% camera back to where it is of some use to me ?!?!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera Issue
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you having a battery drain issue as well? Some recent Android updates have caused the qq-camera-daemon process (What the camera app talks to in order to actually access the camera) to get caught in a race condition (when a program is stuck in an uncontrollable state) and fail to work. This causes the blank camera issue you see or can generate an "Unable to initialize camera" error.

If you're seeing both of these issues, camera and battery drain chances are you're looking at a cache clear from Android recovery, plus a cache clear from the Android app/Storage manager, or a factory reset of the phone. The problem is one that requires root to fix without a reset in most cases.

Otherwise, please make sure all of your apps are up to date. Anything that touches the camera could have become broken with a new Android update if it's using outdated methods to access the camera.

0 Likes
jdc916
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response !  No I'm not seeing any abnormal battery drain issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help get your camera functioning again, jdc916. What make and model Android phone are you using? Are you using the original camera application or a 3rd party app from Google's Play Store?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes