Can I cancel a remote erase request?
jodrop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought my tablet was stolen, but I found it after I put in an erase request via Android Device Manager. I have not turned my LG tablet back on, can I cancel that request from my desktop or phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I cancel a remote erase request?
Weth
Legend

Can you go back into the Android Device Manager, select that same device and select Erase - does it have an option to cancel there?

Obviously keep your device offline until you do this. I am not Android focused, so maybe a second confirmation from someone who uses Android would be helpful.

Weth
Legend

The more I look at this, the more it looks like there is no way to stop the command once it is given.

The only thing I saw some people do is take the phone where there is no wifi to connect to, take out sim card and then turn on. Some turned off the house wifi to be able to do this at home. Once turned on with no network connection, back up to a computer.

jodrop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Werth. Additional information is that I temporarily suspended service so if someone turned it on, they would not have any Internet connection. I still have the Internet service suspended, so I may be able to turn off device manager which should keep the "erase request" to be fulfilled?

0 Likes