Can I expedite the install of the updated lollipop version for my GS5?
smiles043

Like so many others with this phone, Lollipop broke my phone. Contacts crashes a few times a day, the battery drains quickly, and the most frustrating part is the screen stays black and won't unlock sometimes for 15 minutes, which is the worst when your alarm is going off. I literally had to take the battery out this morning to turn off my alarm because I couldn't unlock my phone- the screen just stayed black (while blasting my alarm). It sounds like an update will be available soon but is there any way to push to all the GS5 users right away?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I expedite the install of the updated lollipop version for my GS5?
Snn5
Legend

It cannot be pushed until it is available.  Can't push an unavailable update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It cannot be pushed until it is available.  Can't push an unavailable update.

0 Likes
smiles043
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It might be but it still isn't available in reality until you can get it.  Just have to keep manually trying to update from phone settings.  Or, wait for the OTA one.

0 Likes
deaner1971

I would try taking it into a store. They might be able to give you the AVAILABLE update that you just haven't received yet. I am considering that option myself since the update is AVAILABLE now and you just haven't happened to be one of the ones selected to get it. Given how long the new OS roll-out was, you might have to wait a while and, if your performance is like mine, waiting is pretty miserable.

Then again, given how many phones the OS broke, going into the stores might require quite a bit of waiting too so, call the store first and see if they think they can help.

Good luck and here's hoping we all get that update soon. I loved my phone and Verizon before I got the fuzzy end of this particular Lollipop...

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should voice this disaster rest update at all costs. There is absolutely nothing good about it. The only changes are bad that's if your phone works at all.

0 Likes
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Avoid it not voice it

0 Likes
deaner1971

OK, so I got the update today and... mixed bag.

I am now on G900VVRU1BOC4. My battery, with 92% is showing that I have 9 hours left. That is drastically less than I would have previously expected. So, little to no progress on the power consumption front.

Responsiveness has returned to pre-Lollipop levels. That is a big step but, it should not have been an "either/or".

Based on the fix being a partial one only, I would still advise anyone who has not upgraded to avoid doing so. If you did, get the update as soon as you can.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

A couple charging cycles and you should be fine on battery.

0 Likes