Can I get a second SIM card for the same phone number
ICEMAN675
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I get a second SIM card for the same phone number so that I can have a second, smaller phone to use, without having to switch SIM cards ?

I understand that only one phone can be in use at a time.

So basically I need a duplicate of my original SIM.

Can this be done at a Verizon store ?

thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I get a second SIM card for the same phone number
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Only one SIM card can be active at a time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. Only one SIM card can be active at a time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ICEMAN675
Enthusiast - Level 1

By active do you mean only one phone can be on at any one time for any one phone number ?

I would lake to have a smaller phone available to me as sometimes it would be more easier to carry.

I can switch the SIM card, but it's a hassle to have to do that.

If I can get a second SIM card for the same phone number, I could just turn on the phone I intend to use and leave the other off.

thanks for the reply...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You cannot have two SIM cards associated with the same phone number at the same time. In order to switch between two SIM card you have to either call customer service or sign into your MyVerizon account online and manually activate the SIM card. This action deactivates the previously used SIM card. You have to repeat the process every time you want to use a different SIM card for your phone number.

It much simpler to swap the active SIM card between multiple devices to designate which phone is connected to the network at that time.

0 Likes
Durango2

Maybe not when you replied but it looks like it is available now. Se the Verizon link below.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/numbershare-legal/

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It's still a no 

0 Likes
scharvey

sadly this is only for very specific devices, mostly watches. The only smart phone on the list that I'm aware of is the original palm companion phone, not to be confused with the palm compact phone.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes