Can I move deleted e-mails back into my inbox?
J_Casey

How do you move deleted emails back into the Inbox?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleted emails
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once they are deleted from the server, they likely gone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are still in the Trash folder, you should be able to select them and move them to the Inbox.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

from deleted folder, right click "move to".

0 Likes
J_Casey

Yes I agree that one would hope that going into the Trash folder you would then have the opportunity to move selected emails back into the In Box.  However when I try that is not an option.  When tap on an email in the trash I see the "Move" as an option, however it is grayed out and not accessible.  And under the More menu you can only Mark Unread or Add Star.  Perhaps something in the settings needs to be tweaked, though I certainly don't know what. 

I have asked at the Verizon store and they were stumped as well.  I was hoping someone from Samsung might monitor these posts and answer with a solution.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

An official from Samsung? Unlikely. Have you checked the email through a computer via a website to see if the deleted emails on still on the server's trash folder?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what email are you using??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J.Casey,

Help is here! I know that I sometimes move emails to the trash by accident. Let’s work together to get them retrieved. Thanks Ann154 & bearone21 for the suggestions! Have you been able to check the email through a computer to see if the deleted emails are still there, as Ann154 has suggested? What type of email are you using? Gmail, Yahoo, MSN? (Please do not put your full email address on here as it is a public forum & we want to keep your information private.)

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
J_Casey

Hello AliciaS_VZW,

I use the email app, that came with the phone, for my Verizon email.  The deleted emails no longer show in the Verizon webmail nor do they load on my Outlook (on my home PC).  The phone email had been setup by default to always remove deleted emails from server.  I did change that on Friday, however that did not correct the inability to move deleted emails (on my S7 Edge phone) back into the Inbox. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once they are deleted from the server, they likely gone.

0 Likes