Can I restore lost bookmarks?
Tvglen

Under apps - Chrome, I Cleared Data when it appeared I had a virus.  The virus message is now gone along with all bookmarks.  Is there a way to restore from my Google email account, or are they gone for good?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I restore lost bookmarks?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tvglen,

I use my bookmarks in my browser on a regular page to go back to articles I want to read, so I understand the importance of getting them back. It's strange that the bookmarks were deleted after clearing the Chrome app data thoug. After clearing the app data and returned to Chrome, did it ask you to confirm your Gmail address? If so, did you provide the Gmail address you were previously using?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tvglen

It didn't ask for my Gmail address.  I think it's still logged in.  When I Cleared the data I think it warned me it would clear the bookmarks.  I didn't care, I wanted to get rid of this virus warning message.  I have a Motorola Droid Maxx.  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tvglen, here's a 2nd pair of eyes to look into this for you. Are you able to access your gmail e-mail address on that phone? Have you added that e-mail account to your device since resetting it in Settings>Accounts>Add Account>Google>Next>Enter your Gmail address and password. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tvglen

Under Settings don't have Accounts.  Do have Backup & Reset.  Under that I do see my Gmail account listed.  Selected that and tried adding an existing account but it said it couldn't connect to the server.  I was able to under Chrome browser, log into my Gmail account without a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tvglen, thank you for this information. I want to make sure that we are on the same page in regards to resolving this issue. Under settings in the Chrome browser, are you currently logged into the Gmail account that originally had the bookmarks?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tvglen

In Chrome browser, under settings, I do have my gmail account listed at the top of the page.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tvglen, so sorry you lost those bookmarks. I use them myself. Please do you have another device such as a tablet, laptop or another phone that is linked to your Google account? If so, the bookmarks may be saved there.

MarcusSS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you have chrome on a pc or laptop.

i mirror chrome to the phone from my pc

0 Likes